Seabuckthorn Oil is used in skincare, hair care and health formulations
- Alpha linolenic acid - Omega 3 - 20-35% in Seed Oil / 5-10% in Berry Oil
- Myristoleic Acid - Omega 5 found in the Sea Buckthorn Seed Oil
- Linoleic Acid - Omega 6 (must be in balance with omega 3 ... insufficientomega 3 to omega 6 is an unhealthy balance - Sea Buckthorn provides aperfect balance between these two EFA's.) 35-40% in Seed Oil / 5-15% in Berry Oil
- Palmitic/Palmitoleic/Vaccenic Acids - Omega 7 Sea Buckthorn Oil has a high
percentage of this EFA
- Palmitic 6-10% in Seed Oil / 15-40% in Berry Oil
- Palmitoleic <0.5% in Seed Oil / 15-50% in Berry Oil
- Vaccenic 2-4% in Seed Oil / 5-10% in Berry Oil
- Oleic/Stearic Acid - Omega 9
- Oleic 15-20% in Seed Oil / 10-20% in Berry Oil
- Stearic 2-4% in Seed Oil / 1-2% in Berry Oil
Sea Buckthorn is beneficial for all skin types but is particularly suited to dry, mature, damaged and sun burnt skin. It penetrates deep within the skin’s lipid layers to nourish, hydrate and supports the skin’s healing process from within. It helps to restore elasticity, firmness and promote younger, healthier looking skin. Its antioxidant powers also help to protect the skin from damaging free radicals - one of the major causes of premature ageing.
Sea Buckthorn has anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties that can be beneficial in treating skin irritations such as excema, psoraisis, rosacea and acne. It is also believed to accelerate wound repair and reduce scarring. It promotes skin hydration, elasticity, cell regeneration, and even helps treat and prevent acne. Sea Buckthorn oil has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce swelling and redness associated with many skin conditions, including eczema, psoriasis and rosacea.
Sea buckthorn can also be used in hair care products. Due to its high levels of
essential fatty acids and vitamin A, this nourishing oil can help support scalp
health. The vitamin E in sea buckthorn oil also helps with scalp circulation,
supporting hair growth and conditioning.